So, you are newly engaged, congrats! And now comes the exciting task of planning your dream wedding! From venue to food, dress to flowers, decor to entertainment, the choices can be daunting! But, we at Bee Entertainment have laid out a list to help pick the right wedding DJ for your Michigan or Chicago wedding:
- Set a budget. This is tough to do, especially since you really may not be sure what a good DJ/MC will cost. But, if you know your absolute maximum to spend on a DJ is $1000, then it will be good to go into this search with that in mind. Bee Entertainment provides services for weddings in all of Michigan and Chicago, and our average across all areas served is about $1300. BUT, that does not mean we will not DJ for less. Typically, May to October weekends are “prime” dates, and are the most expensive. Fridays and Sundays from January to March are typically the most budget friendly dates.
- Ask friends and relatives for referrals. One of the best ways to get started is to ask some newly married friends or relatives what wedding DJ company they used. Did they have a good experience with the DJ company? Was the company quick to respond to questions? How was the process leading up to the wedding? Answers to these questions will help you going into your DJ search.
- Ask your venue/wedding coordinator for referrals. Venues and coordinators have seen A LOT of wedding DJ’s. They know which companies they work well with and which companies will work well with them (and you) to make your day awesome. Venue and coordinator referral lists for wedding DJ’s can be a great starting point.
- Read reviews on wedding websites. Websites like WeddingWire.com and TheKnot.com are great for researching wedding DJ companies.
- Find out what is important to you when looking for a wedding DJ. We always ask “what is most important to YOU when looking at entertainment for your wedding?” And the typical answer is “We want everyone to have a great time!” Is having a large influence on the music important to you? Do you need music for your ceremony as well? Is lighting for the dance floor included or extra? Remember, this is the biggest party you will probably ever throw for yourself with your closest friends and family. You want everyone to “eat, drink, and be merry.” So, a great wedding DJ/MC or band can truly add to the “success” of your wedding reception and is a large part of the overall guest experience.
- Compare apples to apples: Photo booth? Up lighting? Monogram? Years of experience? Other fees, such as travel, set up, etc? After you have lined up your favorite choices, ensure you are comparing “apples to apples” as you finalize your decision.
- Choose who you feel the most COMFORTABLE with. Ultimately, the wedding is about YOU. Which wedding DJ company has YOUR best interest in mind? We have no bigger compliment from former clients than “we felt like our DJ was more of a friend than a vendor.” THAT is our ultimate goal, to CONNECT with you on your wedding day and have your guests raving about how much fun they had at your wedding for years to come!
Do not let picking a wedding DJ (or other vendors) overwhelm you! Some of the best companies will make you feel at ease with the process and with their service to you! If you have any questions or need any help, just contact Bee Entertainment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Michigan’s Best Wedding DJ’s at www.michigansbestdjs.com.